|Car's confirmed production date:
(as confirmed by the
NCRS Shipping Report Service)
|February 1, 1963
||1) Mark Unknown
||900 Tuxedo Black
||Blk Black (Vinyl)
|Delivery Dealer Zone:
|Delivery Dealer Code:
||Base Corvette Convertible (FI 360hp)
||Soft Ray Tinted Glass, windshield
||Positraction Rear Axle, all ratios
||327ci, 360hp Engine (fuel injection)
||4-Speed Manual Transmission
||Whitewall Tires, 6.70x15 (rayon card)
|Factory job nr.:
||Non Export Car
1963 Chevrolet Corvette Fuel Injected Convertible, Spectacular and very, very
rare, true survivor, all original, no-hit, unrestored, numbers matching
Bloomington Gold Survivor Gold, Triple Black 1963 Corvette Convertible!!!
In June of 2017, this extremely rare and all original 1963 Corvette Fuelie
Convertible was judged at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway by some of the top
Corvette judges in the world and won the prestigious Bloomington Gold Survivor
Gold award and scored as follows in originally:
- Exterior : 93.75
- Interior : 95.50
- Engine : 93.75
- Chassis : 93.75
This remarkable survivor Corvette Fuelie Convertible was built by Chevrolet on
February 1, 1963 and delivered when new to Jack Wolfe Chevrolet in Ironton, OH.
This rare Triple Black Fuelie Convertible is a real honest, no-hit, unrestored, and
numbers matching Survivor.
It is a true 4 owner Corvette that was purchased from the estate of the second
owner in 2013 and has been in a private collection of all original, low mile
Corvettes every since. This Corvette comes with a typed complete ownership
history. The gentleman who ordered this car when new is still around and can
be reached. He sold the car to his good friend in 1967 who babied and pampered
it until he died in 2013.
This rare Triple Black 1963 Corvette Fuelie Convertible comes with a window
sticker showing it is optioned with:
- Tuxedo Black paint
- Standard Black vinyl interior
- L84 Fuel Injected V8 327/360
- M20 4-speed
- 3.36 : 1 Positraction rear axle
- 6.70 x 15 whitewall tires
- Push button AM / FM radio
- Tinted windshield
Numerous top level judges have said that this is believed to be the ONLY Triple
Black 1963 Fuelie Convertible in existence with most of its original paint!
Because it is a true no-hit Survivor, the body, doors, hood, headlights, and
convertible top figment are excellent!
The all original interior including the carpet, original floor mats, jack and lug
wrench are in great condition for a 54 year old Corvette.
The engine bay is basically untouched and clearly shows that the engine has
never been out of the car.
Everything on this Corvette works like a low mile original car should with the
exception of the odometer. According to the original owner it stopped working
in the mid 80's.
Other than normal wear items such as tires, hoses, belts and battery, the only
items that appear to have been replaced on this Corvette are the shocks, water
pump, radiator, windshield and part of the exhaust.
Many hours have been spent cleaning the entire chassis of the car which looks incredible.
This is considered an early production 1963 (C2) Sting Ray and has many
features that were only on early production cars such as:
- white fiberglass body
- tool wells under each seat
- longer base drivers side door mirror
- unique hinge and glide gas filler door
- higher etching of the LOF glass company logo on the door glass
This rare original Corvette is extremely well documented. I have known this car
all of my adult life and it comes with a typed 12 page story telling the history of
this Corvette as I know it.
The car also comes with a typed exhaustive 9 page summary of every part casting
number and dates of every part on this car showing that it is a completely original
and truly a numbers matching 1963 Corvette.
This very rare car also comes with the following:
- original 1963 Corvette showroom brochure
- window sticker
- original owners manual in the original plastic pouch
- original Chevrolet warranty fact brochure
- original 1963 Corvette folding convertible top care booklet
- original 1963 Corvette seatbelt instruction card
- National Corvette Restorers Society Shipping Data Report showing that this
Corvette was built by Chevrolet on February 1, 1963 and delivered when new
to Jack Wolfe Chevrolet in Ironton, OH.
- numerous old pictures of the car taken in the 70's
- a picture of the second owner who owned the car for 46 years from 1967 until
he passed in 2013.
- copies of old titles and registrations
- numerous maintenance receipts and notes about the car through the years
- numerous old insurance certificates
- a statement from a senior level judge for the NCRS, Bloomington Gold and
numerous Concours d'Elegance events verifying the real engine stamp pad
- 2017 Bloomington Gold Survivor Gold award and all judging sheets
- 2017 pictures of the car being driven around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
All of the documents and awards are neatly and chronologically displayed in a 3
ring binder that comes with the car.
This extremely rare original Triple Black 1963 Bloomington Gold Survivor Gold
Corvette starts, runs and drives excellent like a true low mileage, unhit, unrestored
The only reason that I am selling this car is I recently moved to another state
and just don't have the space that I once had.
Number of visits on this page by other users: 1